We be iron men from Denmark
an' seamen everyone.
We bring this ship to Scotia,
no loss for anyone.
Now it's one hand for yourself
an' one hand for the ship,
oft hangin' on by eyelash
to last this windswept trip.

In the Gallants When you're topside in the gallants and you're lookin' up at waves, the wind's ascreemin' madness intent on many graves. The mate has said: "Lay aloft!", and Third was on his way, you scrambled up the shrouds windward and laid to right away. Now it's one hand for yourself an' one hand for the ship, oft hangin' on by eyelash to last this windswept trip. We be iron men from Denmark an' seamen everyone. We bring this ship to Scotia, no loss for anyone. Now it's one hand for yourself an' one hand for the ship, oft hangin' on by eyelash to last this windswept trip.

Great poem. It has a nice rhythm and flow. I have a trailer sailer and enjoy sailing myself in the idealic waters of Jervis Bay, I am a member of three sailing clubs there, and I also teaching sailing to kids in the local sailing school. Thanks, John

Great poem. It has a nice rhythm and flow. I have a trailer sailer and enjoy sailing myself in the idealic waters of Jervis Bay, I am a member of three sailing clubs there, and I also teaching sailing to kids in the local sailing school. Thanks, John

My dad was third mate on a Danish sailing ship at the last part of the 19th century. He related this information to me when I was a very small boy at his knees. Your love of sailing is something I can relate to, although I've never had that opportunity.

My dad was third mate on a Danish sailing ship at the last part of the 19th century. He related this information to me when I was a very small boy at his knees. Your love of sailing is something I can relate to, although I've never had that opportunity.

views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft